Brothers symposium to be held on March 25, 2017

Over 200 registered to attend

The Brothers Think Tank proudly announces the Brothers Symposium, a national event at the University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Indiana), to be held on the upcoming Feast of the Annunciation, Saturday, March 25, 2017. The program, based on the Vatican document on the "Identity and Mission of the Religious Brother in Church," published in December 2015, is also being sponsored by the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, the National Religious Vocation Conference, the Religious Brothers Conference, the Religious Formation Conference, and the University of Notre Dame.  

Br. John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B.

Benedictine Brother John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B., professor of psychology at St. Meinrad's Seminary, will be the keynote speaker for the Symposium followed by responders and a panel discussion. Participants are invited to conclude the day at the Vigil Mass for Sunday to be celebrated at 5 p.m. at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the University of Notre Dame campus. Additional weekend and weekday liturgy options include those scheduled at Holy Cross College and St. Mary's College, both also located in South Bend, Indiana.

The conference fee ($50 for student participants and $75 for non-students) will cover the cost of the program and lunch which will be served at the South Dining Hall at the University. Go to the Symposium website to register or learn more. 

For those unable to attend, the closing Mass will be livestreamed using this link. Cardinal Tobin will be the celebrant on March 25 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.

Summer Institute ...
Join the over 100 people who have registered for workshops! Register ...  More
HORIZON Spring 2017 ...
Vow of poverty | Church teaching on vocation | Intercultural communities ...  More
Support the Misericordia Fund ...
Because of your collective efforts in responding to our appeal, NRVC ...
May newsletter ...
NRVC board members elected; World Day of Prayer for Vocations; study ...  More
Vocation Ambassadors Program ...
Nine teams of vocation ministers, communicators, and Catholic single young adults ...  More
Good news to share ...
The number of women and men entering religious life in the ...  More
NRVC Member Area

CONNECT WITH NRVC

May 2017

Religious Brothers Day

May 1

World Day of Prayer for Vocations

May 7

Member area meetings

May 2-3: Mid-Atlantic. May 20: New England

NRVC office closed

Memorial Day, May 29

SUPPORT NRVC

Iamnrvc
Renew your NRVC membership