Brothers symposium to be held on March 25, 2017

Over 200 registered to attend

The Brothers Think Tank proudly announces the Brothers Symposium, a national event at the University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Indiana), to be held on the upcoming Feast of the Annunciation, Saturday, March 25, 2017. The program, based on the Vatican document on the "Identity and Mission of the Religious Brother in Church," published in December 2015, is also being sponsored by the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, the National Religious Vocation Conference, the Religious Brothers Conference, the Religious Formation Conference, and the University of Notre Dame.  

Br. John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B.

Benedictine Brother John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B., professor of psychology at St. Meinrad's Seminary, will be the keynote speaker for the Symposium followed by responders and a panel discussion. Participants are invited to conclude the day at the Vigil Mass for Sunday to be celebrated at 5 p.m. at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the University of Notre Dame campus. Additional weekend and weekday liturgy options include those scheduled at Holy Cross College and St. Mary's College, both also located in South Bend, Indiana.
The conference fee ($50 for student participants and $75 for non-students) will cover the cost of the program and lunch which will be served at the South Dining Hall at the University. Go to the Symposium website to register or learn more. 

For those unable to attend, the closing Mass will be livestreamed using this link. Cardinal Tobin will be the celebrant on March 25 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.

This article has no comments or are under review. Be the first to leave a comment.

Please Log-in to comment this article

World Day of Prayer for ...
The purpose of the World Day of Prayer for Vocations is ...  More
March newsletter ...
Presenters for upcoming convocation, board and executive director reports, Uptick in ...  More
Summer Institute ...
Our annual Summer Institute will offer five workshops at the downtown ...  More
Nominate NRVC Outstanding Members ...
Consider the efforts of our NRVC members and nominate another member ...  More
Our writers look at the many ways we converse with young ...  More
2017 Profession Class Report ...
This year's class continues to choose and profess vows from among ...  More
NRVC Member Area

March 2018

National Catholic Sisters Week

March 8-14

NRVC celebrates NCSW with CSCL, CWR, GV and RFC at CTU on March 13 at 6:00 p.m. 

NRVC Office Closed

March 29-April 2

Member Area Meetings

March 1, Washington DC; March 5-7, Notre Dame, IN; March 11, Maryknoll, NY; April 9-11, Heartland; April 21, Holyoke, MA; April 23-25, Donaldson, IN; April 29, Albany, NY; April 30, Caldwell, NJ

Renew your NRVC membership