Brothers symposium to be held on March 25, 2017

Over 200 registered to attend

The Brothers Think Tank proudly announces the Brothers Symposium, a national event at the University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Indiana), to be held on the upcoming Feast of the Annunciation, Saturday, March 25, 2017. The program, based on the Vatican document on the "Identity and Mission of the Religious Brother in Church," published in December 2015, is also being sponsored by the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, the National Religious Vocation Conference, the Religious Brothers Conference, the Religious Formation Conference, and the University of Notre Dame.  

Br. John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B.

Benedictine Brother John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B., professor of psychology at St. Meinrad's Seminary, will be the keynote speaker for the Symposium followed by responders and a panel discussion. Participants are invited to conclude the day at the Vigil Mass for Sunday to be celebrated at 5 p.m. at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the University of Notre Dame campus. Additional weekend and weekday liturgy options include those scheduled at Holy Cross College and St. Mary's College, both also located in South Bend, Indiana.

The conference fee ($50 for student participants and $75 for non-students) will cover the cost of the program and lunch which will be served at the South Dining Hall at the University. Go to the Symposium website to register or learn more. 

For those unable to attend, the closing Mass will be livestreamed using this link. Cardinal Tobin will be the celebrant on March 25 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.

This article has no comments or are under review. Be the first to leave a comment.

Please Log-in to comment this article

National Catholic Youth Conference ...
NRVC members representing 50 religious institutes will be participating at NCYC! ...  More
Telling Our Stories ...
Cynthia Krohn will present this workshop on December 2, 2017 in ...  More
November newsletter ...
Executive director posts mini videos and provides an update. Free shipping ...  More
HORIZON ...
Community living is one of the top two reasons people join ...  More
World Day of Prayer for ...
In 1997, Pope Saint John Paul II instituted a day of ...  More
"All are vocation ministers" ...
In this Global Sisters Report article, Sister Sharon Dillon, SSJ-TOSF encourages ...  More
NRVC Member Area

CONNECT WITH NRVC

November 2017

National Vocation Awareness Week

November 5-11, 2018

FREE Postage for all Resources for Members!

NRVC at NCYC

November 16-18: Indianapolis

NRVC Offices closed

Noon on November 22-7:00 a.m. November 27

SUPPORT NRVC

Iamnrvc
Renew your NRVC membership