Brothers symposium to be held on March 25, 2017

Over 200 registered to attend

The Brothers Think Tank proudly announces the Brothers Symposium, a national event at the University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Indiana), to be held on the upcoming Feast of the Annunciation, Saturday, March 25, 2017. The program, based on the Vatican document on the "Identity and Mission of the Religious Brother in Church," published in December 2015, is also being sponsored by the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, the National Religious Vocation Conference, the Religious Brothers Conference, the Religious Formation Conference, and the University of Notre Dame.  

Br. John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B.

Benedictine Brother John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B., professor of psychology at St. Meinrad's Seminary, will be the keynote speaker for the Symposium followed by responders and a panel discussion. Participants are invited to conclude the day at the Vigil Mass for Sunday to be celebrated at 5 p.m. at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the University of Notre Dame campus. Additional weekend and weekday liturgy options include those scheduled at Holy Cross College and St. Mary's College, both also located in South Bend, Indiana.

The conference fee ($50 for student participants and $75 for non-students) will cover the cost of the program and lunch which will be served at the South Dining Hall at the University. Go to the Symposium website to register or learn more. 

For those unable to attend, the closing Mass will be livestreamed using this link. Cardinal Tobin will be the celebrant on March 25 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.

This article has no comments or are under review. Be the first to leave a comment.

Please Log-in to comment this article

Convocation Registration is Now Open ...
Convocation is the place to gather for outstanding speakers, networking opportunities ...  More
May newsletter ...
NRVC gets a new development director; Religious Brothers Day is celebrated; ...  More
HORIZON ...
Our writers examine the typical patterns of psychological development for emerging ...  More
Summer Institute ...
Our annual Summer Institute will offer five workshops at the downtown ...  More
New Discernment Prayer Cards Available ...
Perfect giveaway for Confirmations, Graduations and Volunteer Recognition. A pack of ...  More
Nominate NRVC outstanding members ...
Consider the efforts of our NRVC members and nominate a member ...  More
NRVC Member Area

CONNECT WITH NRVC

May 2018

May 1

Religious Brothers Day

May 11

NRVC Editorial Board meeting

May 15

NRVC Board Nominations Due

May 28

NRVC Office Closed

Member Area Meetings

Hudson Valley: May 1; Pacific Northwest: May 4-5; Mid-Atlantic: May 7-8

SUPPORT NRVC

Iamnrvc
Renew your NRVC membership