Brothers symposium to be held on March 25, 2017

Over 200 registered to attend

The Brothers Think Tank proudly announces the Brothers Symposium, a national event at the University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Indiana), to be held on the upcoming Feast of the Annunciation, Saturday, March 25, 2017. The program, based on the Vatican document on the "Identity and Mission of the Religious Brother in Church," published in December 2015, is also being sponsored by the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, the National Religious Vocation Conference, the Religious Brothers Conference, the Religious Formation Conference, and the University of Notre Dame.  

Br. John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B.

Benedictine Brother John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B., professor of psychology at St. Meinrad's Seminary, will be the keynote speaker for the Symposium followed by responders and a panel discussion. Participants are invited to conclude the day at the Vigil Mass for Sunday to be celebrated at 5 p.m. at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the University of Notre Dame campus. Additional weekend and weekday liturgy options include those scheduled at Holy Cross College and St. Mary's College, both also located in South Bend, Indiana.

The conference fee ($50 for student participants and $75 for non-students) will cover the cost of the program and lunch which will be served at the South Dining Hall at the University. Go to the Symposium website to register or learn more. 

For those unable to attend, the closing Mass will be livestreamed using this link. Cardinal Tobin will be the celebrant on March 25 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.

This article has no comments or are under review. Be the first to leave a comment.

Please Log-in to comment this article

December newsletter ...
NCYC outreach | Brothers Symposium | Board nominations | Staff titles ...  More
Board Nominations Open ...
Consider applying to serve a three year term by completing a ...  More
National Catholic Youth Conference ...
Over 50 religious institutes from NRVC promoted vocations at NCYC with ...  More
HORIZON ...
Our writers look at four signs of a healthy church, must-knows ...  More
World Day for Consecrated Life ...
In 1997, Pope Saint John Paul II instituted a day of ...  More
Member Area

CONNECT WITH NRVC

December 2019

Membership Renewal

Please renew your membership before December 31

NRVC office closed for holidays

December 23, 2019 - January 1, 2020

SUPPORT NRVC

Iamnrvc
Renew your NRVC membership