Brothers symposium to be held on March 25, 2017

Over 200 registered to attend

The Brothers Think Tank proudly announces the Brothers Symposium, a national event at the University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Indiana), to be held on the upcoming Feast of the Annunciation, Saturday, March 25, 2017. The program, based on the Vatican document on the "Identity and Mission of the Religious Brother in Church," published in December 2015, is also being sponsored by the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, the National Religious Vocation Conference, the Religious Brothers Conference, the Religious Formation Conference, and the University of Notre Dame.  

Br. John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B.

Benedictine Brother John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B., professor of psychology at St. Meinrad's Seminary, will be the keynote speaker for the Symposium followed by responders and a panel discussion. Participants are invited to conclude the day at the Vigil Mass for Sunday to be celebrated at 5 p.m. at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the University of Notre Dame campus. Additional weekend and weekday liturgy options include those scheduled at Holy Cross College and St. Mary's College, both also located in South Bend, Indiana.

The conference fee ($50 for student participants and $75 for non-students) will cover the cost of the program and lunch which will be served at the South Dining Hall at the University. Go to the Symposium website to register or learn more. 

For those unable to attend, the closing Mass will be livestreamed using this link. Cardinal Tobin will be the celebrant on March 25 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.

This article has no comments or are under review. Be the first to leave a comment.

Please Log-in to comment this article

Christus Vivit - Christ Lives ...
Pope Francis has written a personal, heartfelt 48-page apostolic exhortation to ...  More
April newsletter ...
Communications workshop. National youth ministry discussion. Resources for your ministry. And ...  More
Summer & Fall Institute ...
This year, NRVC is offering nine workshops intended for vocation ministers, ...  More
World Day of Prayer for ...
World Day of Prayer for Vocations is celebrated on Good Shepherd ...  More
New England Member Area Gathering ...
Join NRVC members in Worcester, MA, for this professional development day. ...  More
HORIZON ...
Religious communities are invited to walk with young people as they ...  More
Member Area

CONNECT WITH NRVC

April  2019

NRVC Board meeting

April 1-4, Chicago

NRVC office closed for holy days

April 18-22

Member Area Gatherings

April 29 - May 1, Heartland, St. Louis, MO

April 29 - May 1, Hudson Valley, Albany, NY

May 1, Delaware Valley, Philadelphia, PA

May 4, New England Member Area, Worcester, MA

May 6-8, Lake Erie/Ohio River, Sylvania, OH

May 10 - 11, Pacific Northwest, Bellevue, WA

May 15 - 16, Mid-Atlantic, Marriottsville, MD

May 29 - 30, New England, Isle LaMotte, VT

June 16 - 18, Upper Midwest, St. Paul, MN

SUPPORT NRVC

Iamnrvc
Renew your NRVC membership