Brothers symposium to be held on March 25, 2017

Over 200 registered to attend

The Brothers Think Tank proudly announces the Brothers Symposium, a national event at the University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Indiana), to be held on the upcoming Feast of the Annunciation, Saturday, March 25, 2017. The program, based on the Vatican document on the "Identity and Mission of the Religious Brother in Church," published in December 2015, is also being sponsored by the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, the National Religious Vocation Conference, the Religious Brothers Conference, the Religious Formation Conference, and the University of Notre Dame.  

Br. John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B.

Benedictine Brother John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B., professor of psychology at St. Meinrad's Seminary, will be the keynote speaker for the Symposium followed by responders and a panel discussion. Participants are invited to conclude the day at the Vigil Mass for Sunday to be celebrated at 5 p.m. at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the University of Notre Dame campus. Additional weekend and weekday liturgy options include those scheduled at Holy Cross College and St. Mary's College, both also located in South Bend, Indiana.

The conference fee ($50 for student participants and $75 for non-students) will cover the cost of the program and lunch which will be served at the South Dining Hall at the University. Go to the Symposium website to register or learn more. 

For those unable to attend, the closing Mass will be livestreamed using this link. Cardinal Tobin will be the celebrant on March 25 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.

This article has no comments or are under review. Be the first to leave a comment.

Please Log-in to comment this article

June 2019 newsletter ...
Latest data on ordination busts a myth. Summer workshops popular but ...  More
Summer & Fall Institute ...
This year, NRVC is offering nine workshops intended for vocation ministers, ...  More
HORIZON ...
Learn more about cultivation of callings: practical program ideas, communication concepts, ...  More
USCCB/CARA Ordination Class Report ...
In 2019, there will be 481 ordinations from 52 religious institutes ...  More
Christus Vivit - Christ Lives ...
Pope Francis has written a personal, heartfelt 48-page apostolic exhortation to ...  More
Member Area

CONNECT WITH NRVC

June 2019

Member Area Gatherings

June 16 - 18, Upper Midwest, St. Paul, MN

Summer Institute

June 23: $100 late fee per workshop registration. All cancellations received after June 23 are non-refundable for workshops and/or accommodations. 

NRVC webinar with CMSM & RFC

June 26, 2 p.m. ET, Presenter: Rev. John M. Tourangeau, O. Praem., Ph.D.
GOSPEL VALUES AND ESSENTIAL CONVERSATIONS: CONFRONTING ABUSES OF POWER IN RELIGIOUS LIFE Register here. 

SUPPORT NRVC

Iamnrvc
Renew your NRVC membership