Brothers symposium to be held on March 25, 2017

Over 200 registered to attend

The Brothers Think Tank proudly announces the Brothers Symposium, a national event at the University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Indiana), to be held on the upcoming Feast of the Annunciation, Saturday, March 25, 2017. The program, based on the Vatican document on the "Identity and Mission of the Religious Brother in Church," published in December 2015, is also being sponsored by the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, the National Religious Vocation Conference, the Religious Brothers Conference, the Religious Formation Conference, and the University of Notre Dame.  

Br. John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B.

Benedictine Brother John Mark Falkenhain, O.S.B., professor of psychology at St. Meinrad's Seminary, will be the keynote speaker for the Symposium followed by responders and a panel discussion. Participants are invited to conclude the day at the Vigil Mass for Sunday to be celebrated at 5 p.m. at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the University of Notre Dame campus. Additional weekend and weekday liturgy options include those scheduled at Holy Cross College and St. Mary's College, both also located in South Bend, Indiana.

The conference fee ($50 for student participants and $75 for non-students) will cover the cost of the program and lunch which will be served at the South Dining Hall at the University. Go to the Symposium website to register or learn more. 

For those unable to attend, the closing Mass will be livestreamed using this link. Cardinal Tobin will be the celebrant on March 25 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.

This article has no comments or are under review. Be the first to leave a comment.

Please Log-in to comment this article

HORIZON ...
HORIZON writers affirm the deep spiritual roots of vocation ministry, explore ...  More
Register today for Fall Institute ...
Four workshop choices at the Marillac Center in Leavenworth, KS. The ...  More
Promote vocations at NCYC ...
Volunteer to promote vocations at the National Catholic Youth Conference in ...  More
Summer Institute Success ...
Participants came from around the United States, Canada, Ireland, France, Guam, ...  More
August newsletter ...
New edition of VISION Vocation Guide published | Study of new ...  More
Member Area

CONNECT WITH NRVC

August-September 2019

NRVC Board Meeting

August 19 ZOOM call

Member Area Meetings

September 19 - Midwest Area Meeting in Chicago, IL

September 20-21 - Deep South Member Area Meeting in New Orleans, LA

September 26 - West Coast Member Area Meeting in West Convina, CA

Member Area Coordinator Meeting

September 9-11 in Chicago

SUPPORT NRVC

Iamnrvc
Renew your NRVC membership