Websites of collaborating organizations

Print / Share

HomearrowWebsitesarrow
Websites of collaborating organizations

Websites of collaborating organizations

NRVC has traditionally enjoyed the collaboration and support of other national organizations within the Church. The groups featured include those organizations or focus groups whose concerns, projects, and events are consistent with the NRVC mission, philosophy and goals. Any other organization seeking a collaborative relationship with NRVC must submit a request in writing. All requests will be reviewed and a decision will be made by the NRVC board. 

Major Collaborating Organizations

Conference of Major Superiors of Men 

The Conference of Major Superiors of Men (CMSM) serves the leadership of the Catholic orders and congregations of the more than 17,000 vowed religious priests and brothers of the United States, 10% of whom are foreign missionaries. Founded in 1956, CMSM provides a voice for these communities in U.S. church and society. CMSM collaborates with the U.S. bishops and other key groups and organizations that serve church and society. The NRVC executive director attends its annual assembly held in August.

Council of Major Superiors of Women Religious 

The Council of Major Superiors of Women Religious (CMSWR) will be a collaborative body of life-bearing women religious committed to “the full flowering”* of religious life in the United States by placing our collective feminine genius** at the service of the Church and one another. CMSWR will be a wellspring of hope and a trusted resource for the ongoing revitalization of religious life and the new evangelization. 

J. S. Paluch Co., National Vocation Awareness Division

The J.S. Paluch Company Inc. is dedicated to serving Catholic parishes and organizations as well as local and national church bulletin advertisers throughout the United States. The J.S. Paluch's National Vocations Awareness Division (NVAD) promotes vocation awareness through a fully-funded annual seminar for leaders in diocesan and religious vocation ministry, collaboration with vocation directors, vocation prayers in calendar and periodical publications, and media support. The NRVC board and staff attend its annual seminar held in August.

Leadership Conference for Women Religious

The Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) is an association of the leaders of congregations of Catholic women religious in the United States. The conference has more than 1400 members, who represent more than 80 percent of women religious in the United States. Founded in 1956, LCWR assists its members to collaboratively carry out their service of leadership to further the mission of the Gospel in today’s world. The NVC executive director and director of member relations and services attends its annual assembly held in August.

National Conference of Diocesan Vocation Directors 

The National Conference of Diocesan Vocation Directors (NCDVD) promotes diocesan priesthood, providing resources for the formation, support, and advocacy of diocesan vocation directors as they work within the Catholic Church to foster a culture of vocations, raising up new priests for the Body of Christ. The NRVC executive director attends its annual conference held in July.

National Federation for Catholic Youth Minstry

The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) participates in the mission of the Catholic Church by advocating for and supporting Catholic youth ministry on the national, diocesan, and local level. As a professional organization of affiliated dioceses and collaborating members, NFCYM organizes the biennial National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) and the National Conference on Catholic Youth Ministry (NCCYM). The NRVC director of member relations and services attends its annual membership meeting held in February. 

Religious Formation Conference 

The Religious Formation Conference (RFC) is a national Roman Catholic organization serving religious institutes of women and men with programs and services for those in the ministry of initial and lifelong formation, and general congregational membership. The NRVC executive director attends its biennial Congress.

Resource Center for Religious Institutes 

The Resource Center for Religious Institutes (RCRI) is an organization created to serve the needs of Catholic communities of religious women and men. Our professional staff offers advice and provides resources for the leadership of religious institutes who become members of RCRI. For over 35 years, RCRI or its predecessor organizations have been a partner to help navigate the many complexities related to taxes and tax-exemption, corporate structure, internal organizational setup, finance, administration, and canon law. 

United States Conference of Catholic Bishops 

The USCCB Committee on Clergy, Consecrated Life and Vocations assists bishops, both collectively and individually, in promoting, supporting, and educating about the Church’s pastoral needs and concerns for the priesthooddiaconate, and consecrated life within culturally diverse communities of the United States; and in addressing issues concerning the life and ministry of bishops. 

Additional Collaborating Organizations

Catholic Campus Ministry Association

The Catholic Campus Ministry Association (CCMA) is the national, professional organization for Catholic campus ministers dedicated to the comprehensive vision of campus ministry outlined in the 1985 U.S. Catholic Bishops’ Pastoral letter, Empowered by the Spirit: Campus Ministry Faces the Future and creating a culture of vocations on our college campuses. The director of member relations and services attends its biennial conference held in January.

Catholic Extension

Since 1905, Catholic Extension has contributed more than $500 million to the 91 poor mission dioceses across the United States—dioceses where the faith is thriving but the resources are scarce. Today Catholic Extension continues the mission started by Father Kelley to meet the changing needs of the Church. In 2015, Catholic Extension is collaborating with NRVC to provide a new one day workshop for Spanish speaking Sisters from Latin America in becoming relevant, proficient, and credible pastoral ministers who are also confident vocation promoters. 

Catholic Volunteer Network

Catholic Volunteer Network (CVN) fosters and promotes full-time domestic and international faith-based volunteer service opportunities for people of all ages, backgrounds, and skills. As the leading membership organization of Christian volunteer and mission programs, CVN support s and enhances the work of members through volunteer recruitment, training and resources, networking opportunities, and advocacy. Also visit From Sisterhood to Service about CVN grants to establish volunteer immersion programs.

Catholic Press Association

The mission of the Catholic Press Association of the United States and Canada is to build and strengthen the value, effectiveness and identity of Catholic media by facilitating the professional development and spiritual growth of our members. CPA contributes to the Church’s mission of communicating the Good News and evangelizing the modern world by engaging and supporting the content creators and distributors of Catholic media. NRVC has received numerous recognitions from CPA for its publications, VISION Vocation Guide and HORIZON journal.

Catholics on Call

Catholics on Call supports Catholic young adults (ages 18-30) as they strive to discover God’s call in their lives, and explore the possibility of a life of service in the Church  A national vocation discovery program of the Bernardin Center at Catholic Theological Union, Catholics on Call is dedicated to helping young adults from diverse backgrounds explore a call to ministry in the Church and to learn about leadership roles as lay ecclesial ministers, men or women religious, or ministry as ordained deacons or priests. The NRVC director of member relations and services is a presenter at its annual conference in August.

Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate

The Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) is a national, non-profit, Georgetown University affiliated research center that conducts social scientific studies about the Catholic Church. Founded in 1964, CARA has three major dimensions to its mission: to increase the Church's self understanding; to serve the applied research needs of Church decision-makers; and to advance scholarly research on religion, particularly Catholicism. 

Communicators for Women Religious

The Communicators for Women Religious (CWR) is a professional organization of personnel responsible for communications within religious congregations of women. Our mission is to be a network of professional support and education for members who promote understanding of women religious, enhance their image and advance their mission. 

Institute on Religious Life

The Institute on Religious Life (IRL) promotes and supports the growth, development, and renewal of the consecrated life—particularly vowed religious life—as a gift to the Church and an evangelical witness to the world. We include and engage bishops, clergy, religious, consecrated and lay faithful in a collaborative apostolate of prayer and service, guided by the magisterial teachings and rich heritage of the Church.

National Association of Diaconate Directors 

The National Association of Diaconate Directors (NADD) supports member Roman Catholic dioceses and Eastern Catholic eparchies in the United States and Canada in their work of forming and sustaining men as ordained Deacons in the threefold ministerial service of Word, Liturgy and Charity. 

National Association of Lay Ministry 

The National Association of Lay Ministry (NALM) is the professional organization that supports, educates, and advocates for lay ministers and promotes the development of lay ministry in the Catholic Church.

National Catholic Educational Association

Rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) is a professional membership organization that provides leadership, direction, and service to fulfill the evangelizing, catechizing, and teaching mission of the Church. NCEA traces its official beginning to a meeting held in St. Louis in 1904.

National Catholic Sisters Week

National Catholic Sisters Week (CSW) is an annual celebration that takes place from March 8–14. Created to honor women religious, it is a series of events that instruct, enlighten, and bring greater focus to the lives of these incredible women. It is an opportunity to recognize women religious with the hope that as more young women learn about women religious, more will choose to follow their example. The NRVC director of member relations and services attends its annual weekend held in March.

National Catholic Student Coalition

The National Catholic Student Coalition (NCSC) strives to aid students to form their identity as Catholics and strengthen its role as the voice of Catholic collegians to the bishops, Church, and world at large. In order to open avenues for active leadership and participation of students in the Church, NCSC will enhance its partnership with its network of organizations. NCSC will improve its role in students’ transition through campus ministry.

National Evangelization Team

National Evangelization Team (NET) Ministries challenges young Catholics to love Christ and embrace the life of the Church. Every August, 150 young Catholics aged 18-28 leave behind their jobs, school, family, and friends to devote nine months to serving through NET. Divided into 14 teams, they travel across the U.S. for nine months to share the Gospel with young people and their families. Since 1981, NET teams have led over 29,000 retreats and ministered to more than 1.7 million young Catholics.

Religious Brothers Conference

The Religious Brothers Conference (RBC) is the national organization for the over 4,000 religious brothers serving in the United States. Raising awareness of the Brother vocation is the priority for RBC. Some Brothers are monastic while others are apostolic. Brothers can work in professional, educational, community, or parish settings and there is great diversity in the ways in which Brothers minister. Many Brothers are blessed with opportunities to place their minds, hearts, and hands in the service of others.

USA Council of Serra International

The Mission of Serra is to foster and affirm vocations to the priesthood and vowed religious life through prayer, awareness, affirmation, and support. The vision of Serra is to have all people respond to God’s call to their vocation in life, therefore, that by their works, SERRA desires to be recognized and sought after as the organization that actively works and promotes vocations to the ordained priesthood and vowed religious life.

The Catholic News Publishing Co.

Publishers of the Guide to Religious Ministries.

United States Conference of Secular Institutes

The Catholic Church established this form of consecrated life in 1947 for people who wish to combine the contemplative and the apostolic life while living in the world. Secular institutes provide members with a community of like-minded people who put God first in their lives and everything else second. There are over thirty secular institutes in the United States, each having its own rule and lifestyle, period of formation and ongoing animation. 

This article has no comments or are under review. Be the first to leave a comment.

Please Log-in to comment this article

HORIZON ...
Discernment for disciples | Commitment to Christ crucial for vocations | ...  More
Vocation Ambassadors Program ...
Fourteen select teams of vocation ministers, communicators, and Catholic single young ...  More
2016 Profession Class Report ...
The number of women and men professing final vows in 2016 ...  More
Retreat Day to Ignite the ...
Presented by Sr. Charlene Diorka, SSJ, and sponsored by the Hudson ...  More
February newsletter ...
Pope calls for Bishops Synod on Youth & Vocation | Workshop ...  More
Effective Collaboration between Vocation and ...
Presenter: Sr. Maribeth Wentzlaff, O.S.B. sponsored by the Heartland Member Area. ...  More
NRVC Member Area

CONNECT WITH NRVC

February-March 2017 

Member area meetings

February 2: Delaware Valley, February 6-7: Southwest; March 6: Mid-Atlantic, March 27: Hudson Valley

NFCRV Applications accepted

January 9 - March 13, 2017

NRVC Board applications accepted

Deadline is March 1

Vocation Ambasssadors Program Applications accepted

February 1 - March 25

Iamnrvc
Renew your NRVC membership